Monday, August 20, 2018

A Final Note


Although my culture teaches me that cycles have beginnings and ends, my culture's science is being confronted with what it describes as proof of a different kind of reality. In this reality, everything is connected and change is the only constant. As theoretical physics and cosmology push further into smaller and larger realms respectively, notions of finite systems and closed loops start to disappear as viable models to describe our world. We are left with the ideas of constant change and fundamental interconnectedness.

As I ponder these ideas, I am left to consider my own flow. There are times when an eddy in a stream can seem like the stream itself. Side currents create motion that seems like the actual river, but are not. In order to insure that I am not stuck in an eddy, I remain on the lookout for obstacles and challenges that exist only in the main current. When I don't see them, I know I have to push off from where I am in search of the risks and gifts only the real River can provide.

The practice of writing these daily reflections has become an eddy for me, so I have chosen today, the end of the third year of writing, to push off from this comfortable bank, and back into the main stream. I know that I can't find what is waiting there for me till I do, for that is what faith is about. Thanks to everyone who has followed along. I have appreciated your comments, input, and attention. I wish you all the best in your many adventures. I look forward to seeing you all along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment