Monday, July 31, 2017

Common Place

When I walked out the Eastern door this morning, I did my best to take everything in as quickly as I could. There is so much happening around the cabin these days, I didn't want to spook anything or miss something. This got me thinking about how I prioritize certain types of experiences. Thing is, there is always a lot going on around the cabin. Whether it's Squirrel in the trees or Turkey passing through or Mouse tunneling under the snow in the deep chill of winter, someone is always doing something. It might not be as attention grabbing as Hawks playing in the Northern woods, or Fawn walking up to me as I sit on the porch steps, but something is still going on.


Today, I will be paying attention to when I discount the simple things that happen around me. I will be working to remember that every situations has something to teach me, no matter how common place it might seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment