Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Illusions

In the dim light of early dawn it is difficult to discern anything. What might be Deer could also be a bush. Movement can be an illusion because my vision alone can't decode what is in front of me. I have to make sure to tune in with all my senses. If it is Deer and not a bush, I will hear something or smell something.

This gets me thinking about how important it is for me to pay attention with all my senses. As Sun rises and the mist concentrates, I can feel the cool air, smell the thickening moisture, and see the water droplets drifting down. The complexity of what is going on around me is available to me, but not if I rely only on my vision.


Today, I will be paying attention with all my senses and catching myself relying on one more than another.

No comments:

Post a Comment