Monday, June 4, 2018

Man or Mouse


My culture asks me, “Are you a Man or a Mouse?” I know what I'm supposed to answer, but I can't help thinking about the times when it would be great to be Mouse. My carbon footprint would be greatly diminished if I were Mouse, and plane seats would provide ample space for me to be comfortable. In the end however, I am a Man. As I ponder all this, the Rain begins. A Deer who has been walking through the back meadow stops under a Tree just Northwest of the cabin. Eventually, the Rain seeps through the branches and leaves, and there is no more shelter. Deer moves on. As I sit and watch from the dry porch, I appreciate the momentary alignment of our desires. It seems that when the rain starts, Man and Deer and perhaps even Mouse all just want to stay dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment