Thursday, August 9, 2018

Beetle Squeak


There is a beetle in the trees to the North of the cabin. I know because of the sound he makes. He sounds like the squeak trees make when their limbs rub against each other. If I didn't know it was Beetle, I would think it was Tree. I only know about Beetle because I heard this sound on a windless afternoon, and wondered how Tree could be squeaking when she was not moving. I asked a friend who knows about such things, and he told me about Beetle. I am struck by the importance of noticing. If I hadn't noticed the sound of Beetle and wondered where the sound was coming from, I would never have known about him. Now I can hear him squeaking even if there is a breeze. This leaves me wondering excitedly about all I have yet to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment