Sunday, December 3, 2017

Barefooting

As a dedicated bare-footer, there are times when I actually have to wear shoes. One is when I'm running the chainsaw. To go barefoot with a chainsaw in my hands would be foolish, and disrespectful of what the saw can do.

This got me thinking about times when some of my practices have to be set aside because of respect, practicality, or common sense. Whether it's going barefoot, sitting and breathing every morning, or saying “Hi” to everyone I meet along my path, I do what I do not because I have to, but because I choose to.

Sometimes they are choices I make to stand up against the status quo. Sometimes they are choices I make to challenge myself or confront fear or doubt. But they are all choices. Sometimes I can even choose not to do them, to stand up against the idea that things can't change.


Whatever the reason and whatever the choice, today I am paying attention to the power of choices, and being grateful for all the effects they have had on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment