Wednesday, April 26, 2017

I'm very interested in distractions. Distractions divert me from fully being in this moment. All magic is about distraction. The magician gets us to focus in one direction so we don't notice what is going on in another. I went through a tough patch this week, and I am grateful because it reminded me of couple of things. First, it reminded me that my practices don't remove the traps of distraction that I can get caught in, nor do they make it impossible for me to get stuck. Next, it reminded me about the difference between what I can control and what I can't. Finally, it reminded me about the pain associated with getting connected to those things I can't control. 

One of my teachers was a Coopers Hawk. She lives about 20 yards off the West side of the cabin. I'm pretty sure she's the reason why the Robins don't live on the other side of the house anymore. Some days the Robin gets the Worm, some days the Hawk gets the Robin. Getting connected to the possibility of seeing the Robins make and raise a family distracted me from the flow of everything. 

Hawk reminded me that death is a part of life, and that all I can count on is this moment right here, right now. Thank you Hawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment