Saturday, February 17, 2018

Dog Lesson


This morning I had to feed the Dog that lives with us. My wife usually does it, but she is out of town. The only thing that stood in the way of her getting to her food was me getting up. Still, she seemed happy to get her ears rubbed before I got out of bed. I'm not saying it would have lasted forever, but in that moment she seemed content to stand by the bed while I was still in it.

She got me thinking about the idea of Love being more important than food. We've figured out a way to produce enough food to feed the whole world (it seems that starvation is more a question of politics than supply), but it doesn't seem like we've figured out how to Love the whole world.

Well, I did eventually feed the Dog, but I'm left wondering if she knows something that I have lost track of.

No comments:

Post a Comment