Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sun Halo

The melting Snow creates mist in the cool morning air, as the Sun rises orange then yellow in the East. After cresting the horizon enough to be fully round, I see it shining at me though many Tree branches. All this creates the effect of a small rust colored halo encircling the Sun. As I wonder if anyone else is seeing what I am seeing, I am struck by my desire to share. It does not seem to me that it would improve the experience, I am simple caught by the uniqueness of what I am seeing and hoping someone else is able to see it as well.

As time passes the top of the halo becomes defuse and shafts of light begin to form. Moments later the rusty halo is gone, replaced by the next phase of this beautiful Sunrise. It occurs to me that even if someone else had been there with me, no one would have seen exactly what I saw. My experience is a combination of many factors, one of which is always me. I leave grateful for the Sunrise and wonder what the next moment will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment