Monday, March 12, 2018

Apple Tree


This morning I saw two Deer down by the pond. I knew why they were there. They were eating the buds off of the Apple tree taken down by the last Snow storm. Loosing that Tree means we won't get any more apples from it. Losing that Tree also meant that the Deer had something to eat this morning.

This gets me thinking about balance again. There are so many invitations in my culture to ignore the side of balance that doesn't seem to serve me. I am reminded that I can never know the outcome of everything that happens. It might turn out that losing that Tree was the most important thing that ever happened to me. I don't know. All I know is that the Tree came down and the Deer got breakfast. The rest will have to wait till another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment