Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sun's View


As I sit and feel the warmth of Sun on my face, I remember that the Sun does not rise, Earth spins. My experience of Sun rising is a manifestation of my perspective. The spot where I am on Earth returns to be shined on by Sun, then moves away and returns again.

This gets me thinking about how easy it is for me to forget that my experience of the world is only my perspective. My culture offers me many confusing invitations regarding who's perspective is valuable and who's is not. I believe all perspectives are Sacred and should be honored equally. This idea invites me into a position that is more curious and less judgmental. It also invites me to consider Sun's perspective when I am pondering the next right thing to do. Sun's perspective illuminates possibilities I would not have considered, and is not biased by cultural limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment