Thursday, March 29, 2018

Frozen Possibilities


As the proceeding Spring warms the Air, the Ice melts on the pond behind the cabin. The melting begins at the Northern edge and opens up access to the Water beneath inviting the Ducks to visit. The safer water in the center of the Pond is still frozen, so the Ducks have to float near the shore, vulnerable to their predators.

Noticing this gets me thinking about how some possibilities have shown up in my life. They open up slowly like the melting ice on the edge of the pond, and they aren't necessarily safe. I have to take some risks, and I can't be sure things will turn out the way I want them to. But when I'm willing to dive in and stick with it, despite the danger the Ice of the unknown slowly melts away relieving the pond of potential (at this moment as I was writing the Dog that lives with us demanded to go outside. As I stepped out the door, a male and female duck flew over my head and landed in the small melted section of the pond.) that was there the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment