Friday, March 30, 2018

Falling then Flying


When a Songbird is in flight their wings are unfurled only part of the time. In fact, if you look closely, you will see that frequently their wings are tucked up close to their bodies. In these moments they are falling through the Air, just as I would.

Watching this gets me thinking about faith. Songbird doesn't know that her wings will unfurl in time to send her back up into the sky. Similarly, I don't know that my leg will step out in front of me as I am walking. Rather than worry that my foot won't be there to catch me as I lean forward, I continue to trust that whatever happens as I follow along my path will create further possibilities. I am grateful that Songbird doesn't let fear of what might happen get in the way of her falling then flying forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment