Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Special Bird


This morning the dog that lives with us spooked Mourning Dove who was hanging out in the garden just South of the cabin. I didn't pay much attention. I see a lot of Morning Dove and hear her call often. This got me thinking about how I can so easily take her for granted. Mourning Dove is a beautiful bird with a beautiful call. How did she come to no longer be special in my experience? This gets me thinking about Crow, and Robin, and Seagull. These are all familiar birds that I get to see most every day, but it is important that their regular presence in my life not diminish my recognition of them as special and my gratitude for the gifts they bring me. Today, I will be paying attention to times when I take people or things or experiences for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment