Thursday, April 19, 2018

Woodpecker Lesson


When Woodpecker pecks and it is loud and resounds across the forest, he is not looking for breakfast, he is looking for a mate. The loud pecking is his song. It says, “Here I am. This is me.” That is what I heard East of the cabin this morning. His song was loud and clear. Woodpecker got me thinking about how much I love to sing, and how long it took me to just stand up and do it. Does Woodpecker hold back? Does he wonder about how he sounds? Did he wait for the right time to really put it out there before he started singing this morning? Did he wondering about what others might think? I don't know, but I sure did. Even now, there are times when I find myself holding back and wondering what people will think, allowing that thought to keep me from letting lose. When will it be time for me to fully let lose, and who gets to decide? What would Woodpecker do?

No comments:

Post a Comment