Saturday, July 7, 2018

Abundance


There is a small patch of wild Blueberries just South of the cabin. This is the time of year when I can go and pick some every morning to have for breakfast. I am not the only person who picks Blueberries from these plants. Later in the day I know that Chipmunk will show up and take her share, but at least for now, I know more will ripen for us to pick tomorrow. This gets me thinking about how, left to her own devices, Earth always provides in overwhelming abundance. More berries will come every day until that plants are done, then there will be other types of berries or apples or potatoes or something. I just have to notice what it is. I also have to remember that what is available might not be what I want. If I want Blueberries in March or Garlic in June, it might seem like berries and Garlic are scarce, but if I want Apples in September, and Blueberries in July I can see the abundance. This reminds me that real abundance isn't about what I want, but noticing what is. Today, I will be resisting the invitation to think that I have to protect the Blueberry patch in order to get my share, and remembering that if Chipmunk eats all the Blueberries, there will be something else. Declining the invitation to think only of myself will allow me to see what is available, and what lesson it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment