Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Great Horned Owl


I saw Great Horned Owl this morning in the Southern woods. The last time I saw him was on the top of Eagle Cliff Mountain in Estes Park Colorado at Sunrise. That's another story. I believe he is the bird I have been seeing flashes of for a while. This is because I had been struck by the silent flight of the bird I was seeing. I have been told that when Owl hunts during the day, it is a sign that times are tough. I don't know if that is the case, but I was grateful to see him. The possibility of him struggling gets me thinking about the effects of my actions. It reminds me that effects can be far reaching even if I am not aware of them. Today, I will be mindful of the effects my actions can have even if I don't intend them. I will do my best to make sure there is purpose behind my actions that may give meaning, even to their unintended consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment