Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Wasp Lesson


There is a Paper Wasp nest near the woodshed. It is small. There are only about four adults tending the babies. The adults fly off to get food, returning and entering the nest from the deck above or through the shed below. They pose no threat to me, unless I get in their way. I have to remember where they are, and attend to what they are doing. I know I can't run she chainsaw close to them, or start the weed whacker under the nest. The noise would trigger an attack. I'm not sure why, but I know this to be true. So I have to pay attention. I appreciate this. I have found that most of the trouble I can get into happens when I'm not paying attention. Paying attention means moving at a pace that allows me to pay attention. In this way, paying attention ripples out into my life, and effects how I do everything. I appreciate these effects because this pacing keeps me focused on the moment, and helps me avoid distractions. The Wasps will be my teachers and remind me if I get off track.

No comments:

Post a Comment