Sunday, July 1, 2018

Snake Possibilities


On the woodpile were Chipmunk, Wren, and Snake. Chipmunk and Wren may have been hunting, but I could not see why Snake was there. It was too early for sunning, and lying on top of a log on top of the woodpile provided no cover for hunting. I generally resist the temptation to describe my creature cousin's actions in human terms, but I have seen more and more often creatures acting in ways that don't fit into the limited group of options my culture has allowed them. Snake didn't seem to be hunting, hiding, or mating. What if she was just hanging out? What if she wasn't doing anything? Today, I will be on the lookout for actions that stand outside of what I expect. What effect will this have on my ideas about what is possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment