Saturday, January 6, 2018

Bird Song

As I sit outside this morning listening, I hear the wind howl and the trees pop. But through the frigid din there is another sound. It is the birds singing. I resist the urge to characterize what they are doing in terms that I would understand. I don't know if they are calling to each other, or singing out in gratitude for the meager warmth the Sun brings.

I do known that their calls being me something. They bring me hope. They reconnect me to the knowledge that there will be a Spring to this Winter, and that as cold as it is right now, this too shall pass.

Once reconnected, I am able to see this moment in it's context. It is a profound moment of extreme experience that will not last. And it has lessons to teach me.

Today, I will work to stay open to these lessons.



No comments:

Post a Comment