Sunday, January 7, 2018

Housefly

I settled down into my spot this morning and noticed Housefly lying dead on the snowbank in front of me. I noticed my mind immediately trying to explain the scene. “Housefly had blown down from a tree during the storm,” or “Housefly had been alive some how and caught in the wind, frozen in mid flight, coming to rest here.”

Then I found my thoughts turning to how I might write the scene down.  I wondered how I would explain the experience to others.  I begin to look for details that I should include.

It took some doing for me to return to the experience I was having; of simply being with Housefly and the Snowbank and the cold. I began the dance of being with Housefly and the moment, and then being with the description and my thoughts. The dance continued until I came back inside, had a shower, ate breakfast, started the fire; Until now.

Today, I will be noticing times when I am in my thoughts about an experience, and not in the actual  experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment