Thursday, January 25, 2018

Sun Blaze

Red in the Morning, Sailors take warning.” Before I got out of the Eastern door this morning, I could see the gorgeous deep red Sunrise unfolding. As I sat drinking it in, a was distracted by the old sailor's warning. The beauty of the sky forecast unsettled weather to come. Deep reds blazed into liquid oranges, then I thought about how the weather might effect my day. When my attention returned to the Sunrise, I noticed I had missed something. The reds where less intense. The oranges were fading. The mounting Sun was taking over, brightening everything, and diminishing the intensity of the early morning firestorm. My thoughts about what might be blocked my ability to take in what actually was. How powerful, the seduction of the future? How would my attention to the present have to change so that I might sustain my focus?

No comments:

Post a Comment