Friday, January 5, 2018

Tree Dance

For a number of reasons, I couldn't go outside this morning. In stead I sat facing East behind a glass door. I saw the Trees dance in the Wind. They swayed and stopped than began again, each to her own rhythm.

As I watched, I wondered if I would have payed such close attention had I been outside. Outside, I would have been distracted by the feeling of cold and the sound of each gust. This got me thinking about how I might be able to attend more closely to each experience when they all are available; To see the trees dancing, and hear the creaking, and feel the chill on my face.

Today, I will be paying attention to when one of my sense experiences gets in the way of another. When this happens, I will attempt to heighten the other without diminishing the first.


No comments:

Post a Comment