Monday, January 1, 2018

Juniper Berries

There is a large Juniper on the South side of the cabin. Over the past few days, many birds have gathered there to eat the Berries. Yesterday and the day before there was a flock of Bluebirds. Today, there were two Robins.

Whether through communication or collaboration, or simply following each other, many birds will undoubtedly find the Juniper tree in the coming months. The gift of these berries will sustain many of my creature cousins. But each will have to make the trek to the Tree.

This reminds me that the Earth provides, but it does not give. What is available must be searched for, found, and used. Since I learn something from every step in the process, each step has value.


My culture invites me to focus only on the end; reaching the goal, scoring a point, eating the Berry. Today, I will be noticing the steps along the. I will be doing my best to recognize the value of what I learn and experience as I step. I will work to be aware of where I land and what possibilities become available as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment